If you get a parking ticket in New Jersey, there are two possible outcomes. You can make a payment online for your parking ticket by visiting the official portal of NJMCdirect. Another option is to go to the municipal court if you do not believe that you are guilty of the offense. The outcome of this process will determine whether you are guilty of the violation and deserve the parking ticket.
How To Plead Not Guilty on NJMCdirect?
If you decide to fight your case, you need to follow these steps:
- Reading and understanding the parking ticket you received is the first and most important thing you should do in this situation. It would be best if you had a complete understanding of why you received the parking ticket.
- A lot of details are included in your ticket, including the date. Dates are important to remember.
- On the scheduled court date, you must appear to defend your case. You must appear in court on the day before the date given on your parking ticket, but if the court has just given you the date for paying the fine, you must appear on the date shown.
- If you do not understand something and have doubts in your mind, contact the New Jersey court, clerk. They will assist you with your ticket to the best of their ability.
- Even if you follow all these steps, you can file a complaint with a judge if you cannot plead guilty for any reason. In this case, you should also hire a lawyer. You will significantly benefit from it. You will receive accurate guidance and be guided as to what will be the best course of action.
A parking ticket may seem like an insignificant matter that does not merit our utmost attention or concern in our busy day-to-day lives. However, they can be complicated and can even result in your license being suspended.